Sister date. :) Since I was in college, when I first watched the movie adaptation of The Phantom of the Opera, I had already fallen in love with it, to the point where I watched it over and over until I memorized every dialogue and note of the whole play. That was where my love for musical theater was born. I became obsessed with the play, captivated perhaps by The Phantom himself. Over the years, it has remained to be one of my favorite musicals of all time (the only one that topped this is in my list is Les Miserables). That's why when I first heard of rumors of its imminent staging in the Philippines, I knew that I HAD to watch this and couldn't miss this for the world. It was a dream come true, so surreal. Much like when a little girl who has always dreamed of becoming a Disney princess gets to meet "Cinderella" or "Belle" in Disneyland (poor analogy, but you get the idea). From the moment the orchestra played the overture, tears fell from...
Comments
Post a Comment