On weddings and my future single-ness

Weddings usually make me cry, especially when the bride walks down the aisle and when the couple 'kisses' in front of everyone.

Just recently, my cousin Zina and her husband Matt tied the knot on September 28 in Cebu. They flew in all the way from America just to be wed in front of our family (apparently, it would be too costly for Matt's family to fly in just for the wedding).

Zina and Matt, together with Zina's yaya's. They were very emotional.

The beautiful couple.
Theirs was a (very) simple (but elegant) ceremony (with only about a handful of relatives and trusted friends in attendance) in a small chapel in Archbishop's Palace. Right after the wedding, we proceeded to Casino Espanol (which was just a block away from the chapel) for the reception. Incidentally, it was also where my parents had their reception. I was asked to sing a couple of songs during the reception, including the newlyweds' first dance (they requested for the song, "I'll Take Care of You").

Each guest had his/her own cake for a souvenir.

The 'presidential' table.
The wedding became an emotional one, with the passing of our Lola Neny two days before the wedding. But I guess it made the wedding all the more memorable. We were happy about two things: Manang's wedding and Lola's reunion with the Creator. It was a reason for celebration.

Right after the reception, we had to go to Lola's wake at Rolling Hills. It was crazy but no one wanted this to happen. Then I had to rush to the airport for my flight at 10:30 and report for work the following day.

At the back of my mind, I can't help but think of when I will have a wedding of my own (if I will have one) because hey, maybe I'd be better off living on my own. But a friend told me that someone (as wonderful daw) like me is bound to find someone as wonderful. Someone who'd stand up for me and love me just they way I am. Right now, I still believe in it. But as I get older, I've come to accept my being single - forever. And though it's a saddening thought, it ain't so bad. Because I know I have true friends who'd stand by me no matter what and who'd lend their babies whenever they need a nanny. ^_^

As of now, we'd like to focus on our 'careers' and our 'self-improvement.' And maybe, just maybe, along that journey we'd stumble upon that someone who'd remind you of yourself and how amazing you are just by being yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having Pen to thank for :)

A Date with The Phantom

A Thing or Two I Learned During My First Taping Experience