New Year, New Me!
I suddenly felt the urge to write something, since it's the start of new year and I haven't got the chance to write anything yet. Instead of writing them separately, I decided to write my realizations (in 2010) and resolutions (for 2011) in one and from time-to-time, I would look back at this blog entry to remind myself of what I should and should not do.
1. Eat less (bad food) and exercise more.I have been planning to do this since forever. But with an erratic (and sometimes unpredictable) schedule like mine, it's so hard to set a certain exercise routine. And it's for this reason that I cannot enroll myself in a gym (aside from the fact that it's very costly). But this time, I wouldtry really jog AT LEAST once a week (during weekends). I will also be more careful of what I eat and try to minimize my food (especially my rice) intake.
2. Clean the house more often. More often than not, the house looks like Godzilla paid us a visit and left the house in complete disarray. So this time, I wouldtry really make the house as neat as I can whenever time would permit me, and even if it does not, I WILL FIND TIME TO CLEAN UP.
3. Be more girly. Sadly I seem to attract the "wrong" men. I try to analyze why this happens all the time. And my sister, who is an advertising student, gave me an advice from an advertising point of view: "You have to "package" yourself in a way that would attract the men you want." Basically, if you want to attract an intellectual, honest, respectable man, you'd have to exude that kind of aura as well. And since men (and women at that) get initially attracted to the physical attributes, it's also important to dress up a bit in order to be noticed. I've realized that in this ever so fast-paced world where people barely take their eyes off their gadgets to communicate with other people, you'd really have to be a head-turner to catch their attention.
4. Spend less on wants and focus on needs.I have a tendency to spend more than what I actually earn. I find it hard to control my expenses, especially when it comes to food. It's for this reason that I would never apply for a credit card because otherwise, I would be buried in debt. I also have to learn to save more so that I could spend more on travel - something that I have wanted to do for the longest time. From time-to-time, I think it is just right to pamper myself by going to the spa or having my nails done or buying a new pair of shoes, but the bulk of my earnings should not go to this, but to the bank!
5. Love the right person. I have learned a lot of lessons about love in the past year, which brought more pain than happiness. I thought that I could learn these things from other people's stories in the hope of not running into them in the future. But I guess there just are some things (if not all things) that you have to experience first-hand in order for you to learn, so to speak. I have always thought that the saying, "Love yourself before loving others" was so overrated. But I realized that when you lose yourself in the act of loving someone else, you will end up broken and empty once the other is lost. I've had my fair share of unrequited love and I am already growing tired of it. So the next time I would fall in love would be with someone whom I know would reciprocate it in even in the least way. Everyone deserves to be loved and that sense of security will make you feel whole and a very happy beautiful person.
6. Go for GOLD. We tend to be content with what is easy and what is convenient for us, that we learn to be complacent as long as we "get by." It's about time to think about what I want to accomplish in this lifetime and my actions now should lead to attaining those. I vowed to put my efforts into pursuing my passions before actually giving up on them. If in case it doesn't work out, maybe I was not really meant for it. The more important thing is that "I tried" before I say "I can't". That way, I will not regret in the future on "what could have if I tried."
7. Learn, learn, learn. When we become part of the workforce and leave the academe, our minds become stagnant because we are resorted to doing mechanical thinking and routinary work. Sometimes, we do not get the chance to think for ourselves anymore. That's why I vowed that I would read books, write more (even just constantly writing in this blog) and immerse myself in meaningful intellectual conversations, if the circumstances will not permit me to take up my Masters next semester.
For now, these are the things that I have to look out for this year. I am hoping that I would accomplish most, if not all of these by the end of the year. I already have my fingers crossed! ^^
1. Eat less (bad food) and exercise more.I have been planning to do this since forever. But with an erratic (and sometimes unpredictable) schedule like mine, it's so hard to set a certain exercise routine. And it's for this reason that I cannot enroll myself in a gym (aside from the fact that it's very costly). But this time, I would
2. Clean the house more often. More often than not, the house looks like Godzilla paid us a visit and left the house in complete disarray. So this time, I would
3. Be more girly. Sadly I seem to attract the "wrong" men. I try to analyze why this happens all the time. And my sister, who is an advertising student, gave me an advice from an advertising point of view: "You have to "package" yourself in a way that would attract the men you want." Basically, if you want to attract an intellectual, honest, respectable man, you'd have to exude that kind of aura as well. And since men (and women at that) get initially attracted to the physical attributes, it's also important to dress up a bit in order to be noticed. I've realized that in this ever so fast-paced world where people barely take their eyes off their gadgets to communicate with other people, you'd really have to be a head-turner to catch their attention.
4. Spend less on wants and focus on needs.I have a tendency to spend more than what I actually earn. I find it hard to control my expenses, especially when it comes to food. It's for this reason that I would never apply for a credit card because otherwise, I would be buried in debt. I also have to learn to save more so that I could spend more on travel - something that I have wanted to do for the longest time. From time-to-time, I think it is just right to pamper myself by going to the spa or having my nails done or buying a new pair of shoes, but the bulk of my earnings should not go to this, but to the bank!
5. Love the right person. I have learned a lot of lessons about love in the past year, which brought more pain than happiness. I thought that I could learn these things from other people's stories in the hope of not running into them in the future. But I guess there just are some things (if not all things) that you have to experience first-hand in order for you to learn, so to speak. I have always thought that the saying, "Love yourself before loving others" was so overrated. But I realized that when you lose yourself in the act of loving someone else, you will end up broken and empty once the other is lost. I've had my fair share of unrequited love and I am already growing tired of it. So the next time I would fall in love would be with someone whom I know would reciprocate it in even in the least way. Everyone deserves to be loved and that sense of security will make you feel whole and a very happy beautiful person.
6. Go for GOLD. We tend to be content with what is easy and what is convenient for us, that we learn to be complacent as long as we "get by." It's about time to think about what I want to accomplish in this lifetime and my actions now should lead to attaining those. I vowed to put my efforts into pursuing my passions before actually giving up on them. If in case it doesn't work out, maybe I was not really meant for it. The more important thing is that "I tried" before I say "I can't". That way, I will not regret in the future on "what could have if I tried."
7. Learn, learn, learn. When we become part of the workforce and leave the academe, our minds become stagnant because we are resorted to doing mechanical thinking and routinary work. Sometimes, we do not get the chance to think for ourselves anymore. That's why I vowed that I would read books, write more (even just constantly writing in this blog) and immerse myself in meaningful intellectual conversations, if the circumstances will not permit me to take up my Masters next semester.
For now, these are the things that I have to look out for this year. I am hoping that I would accomplish most, if not all of these by the end of the year. I already have my fingers crossed! ^^
Comments
Post a Comment