Baby Steps

I have vowed to myself that from this point forward, I would do the things that would make me happy, the things that I want to do. And slowly, I have come to be doing just that. :) So here are the things that I've been doing for the past days:

1. Travel

Two weeks ago, I went to 2 different places with 2 different climates, all in a span of one week. Destinations: Coron, Palawan and Baguio City!

 
 
 

These two trips literally depleted my savings to the point that I have to ask money from my dad (again). But it was a break that I deserved.

Coron was, by far, the most beautiful place I've been to and believe me when I say that it really is worth your money. I even wanted to stay there longer and not want to come back to Manila. The virgin beaches, the serene lakes, the peace and tranquility that Coron offers cannot be matched. If you really want to take a time off from this shitty city life, Coron is the perfect destination.

Right after I arrived in Manila that Friday, I packed my bags with a fresh set of clothes, all geared up for another round of adventure, this time at chilly Baguio City where the Panagbenga Festival was being celebrated. Albeit the thousands of people who flocked the city, it was a one-of-a-kind experience because I was with my officemates.


2. Watch concerts 


During the past month, I have been to 3 different events: UP Fair (I was there for 2 days), Sugarfree Farewell Concert and Sandwich Album Launch. The last two were only two days apart and took place at Eastwood City, currently my 2nd home.

 
 

I don't go to concerts as often as many people do because I don't like to cram myself amongst the roaring crowd. But hey, once in a while it feels good to loosen up, and just listen to great artists perform while being around with people who live for their music as well.


3. Enroll in acting class

After such a long time, I've mustered enough guts to enroll myself in Repertory Philippines' Adult Beginner's Acting Workshop for the summer. My close friends know that next to music, performing is the next thing I love to do. And this time, I will take it seriously - really seriously. I've been browsing for audition announcements where my talents and experience could probably pass. This is the first step to realizing my dream of getting to perform on stage.

----------------

As for my job, I finally quit after a year. I don't think I would have any more growth than I can achieve in the job that I have been doing. I also have had enough of the rotating schedules, which sadly I had to get accustomed to. I have been offered by my dad to go back to school, but I cannot fully convince myself to go into that stage just yet. Perhaps I would lay it off for a sem or two and think about what I really want to pursue first before choosing the degree program I wish to take. For now, I will act on impulse and just grab what's there!

So now, I do not know where everything will lead to. I just know that I have to seize the moment and do what I feel is right and what would make me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having Pen to thank for :)

A Date with The Phantom

A Thing or Two I Learned During My First Taping Experience