One of Those Days When I Ponder Deep
Ever had one of those days when you just sit and wonder what's your purpose?
I've been getting a lot of these lately. And as I watch people die every day, I start to think and re-think (and re-think some more) of what I have to do with what little time that has been lent to me.
I don't think I've been spending "the time of my life" for the past two years now; I haven't quite found my "niche" in this "world" yet. I cannot say either that I've been doing what I think I was "meant" to do in this lifetime. I haven't accomplished something "significant" nor have I saved up enough money to be able to live unemployed for at least a month without sustenance from my dad. It might seem that I am where I left off in college - broke and unemployed.
But for the past two years that I have been working, I've encountered quite a few unforgettable learning experiences. Whilst these might not automatically translate to increase in position or in monthly compensation, experience taught me a lot of things that I can carry in my backpack while I journey through the unfamiliar path that I wish to pursue.
I've recently resigned from my present job for several reasons. One was because I wanted to forget a guy. Although he no longer works at the office, the place still strongly reminds me of him and all the memories that we left behind. Another reason was I do not see myself fully extending my capabilities in the office. Our work requires so little thinking that sometimes I find myself just staring at the keyboard but my fingers were moving by themselves (quite freaky, you know). Most of the time I just sit and watch the minutes go by, anxious to go home.
I've recently decided to pursue my passions, and live on impulse by grabbing any opportunity that life throws at me. I am not sure if this is the right thing to do, nor if it will bring me the answer to my quest for the "dream job." But I am so hung up on being told what to do, or to do things that do not make me happy. For once, I'd want to live as I want it.
I believe that by God's grace and guidance and a bucketful of perseverance and hard work, I will get the job that I want, and achieve the things that my heart desires. Good luck to the new me and to the new goals that I plan on my life! It's sure going to be one bumpy ride ahead.
I've been getting a lot of these lately. And as I watch people die every day, I start to think and re-think (and re-think some more) of what I have to do with what little time that has been lent to me.
I don't think I've been spending "the time of my life" for the past two years now; I haven't quite found my "niche" in this "world" yet. I cannot say either that I've been doing what I think I was "meant" to do in this lifetime. I haven't accomplished something "significant" nor have I saved up enough money to be able to live unemployed for at least a month without sustenance from my dad. It might seem that I am where I left off in college - broke and unemployed.
But for the past two years that I have been working, I've encountered quite a few unforgettable learning experiences. Whilst these might not automatically translate to increase in position or in monthly compensation, experience taught me a lot of things that I can carry in my backpack while I journey through the unfamiliar path that I wish to pursue.
I've recently resigned from my present job for several reasons. One was because I wanted to forget a guy. Although he no longer works at the office, the place still strongly reminds me of him and all the memories that we left behind. Another reason was I do not see myself fully extending my capabilities in the office. Our work requires so little thinking that sometimes I find myself just staring at the keyboard but my fingers were moving by themselves (quite freaky, you know). Most of the time I just sit and watch the minutes go by, anxious to go home.
I've recently decided to pursue my passions, and live on impulse by grabbing any opportunity that life throws at me. I am not sure if this is the right thing to do, nor if it will bring me the answer to my quest for the "dream job." But I am so hung up on being told what to do, or to do things that do not make me happy. For once, I'd want to live as I want it.
I believe that by God's grace and guidance and a bucketful of perseverance and hard work, I will get the job that I want, and achieve the things that my heart desires. Good luck to the new me and to the new goals that I plan on my life! It's sure going to be one bumpy ride ahead.
Comments
Post a Comment