Life After JCS


I've just come from our last show at JCS. Part of me does not want to sleep yet because I know that when I wake up, I will no longer be going to Ortigas for rehearsals at 7:30. Nor see my classmates, have late-night talks and dinner. Nor work out (not just warm-up) before starting a run.

Parting is such a bittersweet moment, especially in this case. I have grown attached to the people I have met here and have learned to love each one's idiosyncrasies. Needless to say, I had fun doing this workshop-production, making this summer one of my best and most productive.

Perhaps I set my expectations too low for this workshop. I most specially did not expect it to be this big of a production as if it were actually a 'real' one. It definitely surpassed all my preconceived notions of a 'Rep Workshop', being a first-time workshopper. And I can wholeheartedly say (with much conviction) that every centavo and second that I spent for this workshop was well-spent. I had veteran theatre actors as my mentors and wonderful and talented artists as my classmates. Add in a very supportive and professional crew, and what else can you ask for?

For some odd reason, I did not find myself crying to my heart's content right after the show, probably because the thought has not sunk in yet that I won't get to see all these people anymore in class, six times a week.

I will miss:
Going to AIC Burgundy
Riding the stinky elevator or taking 5 flights of stairs to Rep Rehearsal Hall
Late-night trips going home
Chikahan and super late dinner after rehearsal
7/11 and Pao Tsin
Anxiously waiting for announcements and posts on JCS FB group page
Buying, making and setting up props
B's and Kirsten's killer warm-ups
Hib's unusual talents and smiling face
Kitto, just as you are! (because you remind me so much of my brother)
Andy's curly hair (:D)
Amay's energetic hirits and song/dance numbers ('Children of the huhhhhhhhh')
Michie's tight hugs and kind words
Daniela's American accent (and condo unit in Tektite!)
Jay's stories of his kulit students Joaqui and Sam
Papa Bear's words of wisdom
AND...
of course, everyone! :)

To everyone who took part in this production, whether you were part of the cast, crew or audience, you have just made a mark in my life. For this I am eternally grateful.

I guess most of us will get back to our 'normal' routine and 'normal' lives. But I am glad that I would have something wonderful to look back to, on a fine summer of 2011, where I had one of the best times of my life. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having Pen to thank for :)

A Date with The Phantom

A Thing or Two I Learned During My First Taping Experience